20150129_104317

 

Woke up Wednesday morning to a dead thermostat and a 50 degree house.  That was 45 degrees warmer than outside, but the outside was slowly working its way in.

Told the landlord about it.  He figured his 17 year old HVAC system was probably due to be retired with full honors.  Surprisingly he coughed up $2100 to keep me from dying of carbon monoxide poisoning.  (If I died, he’d have to go out on Craiglist for another tenant.)

Sears Heating and Cooling arrived at O:Yawn:30 this morning to remove the old one and stick a new one in the basement.  Around 10:30, reinforcements arrived.  Perhaps I should have mentioned the dragon I keep in the basement.   My bad.